The main point of the title then? Well I say some pretty out there things, or things that might not line up well with the standard way of looking at things, or are quite possibly challenging. Basically I drop the bomb. And why would I challenge the standard way of looking at things? Well to keep things from being stale, to ask if what I'm being taught/ what I believe has a point behind it or is it just a thought/belief built on tradition, and mistranslations. Heb 5 tells us "solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil" I think this tells us that by constantly testing things, and constantly examining things we learn what is evil and good, and whats right and wrong, not from hiding ourselves from the world but to be active in it. In Rev 2 the church at Ephesus is commended for "you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not" I think this calls u to question what people tell us or even preach to us, line up our thinking with scripture unlock new things. In a sense drop the bomb on everything see what breaks and see what still stands firm against closer, more challenging scrutiny
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Where the bomb drops
Where the bomb drops, ok so what does that mean? Well in one of my favorite books "Screwtape Letters" there is a demon who is trying to steer a man away from God. In the end the demon fails when a bomb falls on the man's city killing him. The man having remained faithful to God the entire time. However thats not what my title originally stood for, oh if only I could be that cleaver.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment