I imagine that sentence looks rather out of place in a Christian blog, maybe even offensive. I however find it completely legit, also its in the Bible( prov 5:19). Admittedly that not the entire verse. But It is probably one of my favorite verses, partly because most people can't believe its in the Bible. Yeah theres a bunch of other stuff in there you didn't know about ether. But more importantly because i believes that one small sentence contains a ton of information.
You might want to read Proverbs 5 to get this a little more in context.
Firstly "Always" always is a permanent word. The wife of your youth, should be the youth of your old crotchety old man hood. We shouldn't be fickle about who we marry this is a life long deal.
Secondly "Satisfy" You should be content with your wife. You should be happy she is your wife. You should take care of her.
Thirdly "Breasts" For some reason guys like breasts, I'm not going to try and explain that. If you think about it breasts are completely pointless. Yes they feed children, but as far as a husband wife relationship goes they have no purpose. That is if we are taking sex as a method to reproduce. I mean look at animals, have you ever seen a male dog staring longingly at a female dogs breasts, of a bull at a cow? No with them its just sex. And in the same way you wouldn't be drawn to the udders of a cow. But with us humans here is something different, something special. That thing I would say is lust.
So you might be thinking to yourself hold up, whoo lust is bad. And to that I would say no its not.
But Jesus tells us not to lust. Ok lets look at that Matt 5:27-29. Ok you were right, if we look at a woman lustfully we commit adultery with them. So in order to not be adulterous we should avoid looking at women lustfully, unless they are your wife. Wait where did I get that? Ok so if I have sex with a woman I am an adulterer, unless its my wife. I would say the same applies to lust.
And again I will go to proverbs 5 for emphasis. Breasts have no purpose in sex, so wouldn't desiring them be lust. Also we read "Drink water from your own cistern, running water from your own well. Should your springs overflow in the public squares?" I read this and when i think of a well I think of deep water. Not only deep water, but this water if not drunken from is in danger of overflowing , overflowing and running out in to the street.
This is an act of love, of passion. Not some fondness we happen to just share for a human we have become a costumed to live with. This is more than procreation, of carrying on the family name. This is desire, and lust.
No comments:
Post a Comment