Wednesday, March 18, 2009

note book of pain (song)

This dosn't apply to anything/anyone in particular. but I'm sure mosts artist/wanabe artists can relate to:

He scrawls his notes on whatever comes to hand
A sheet of paper or a napkin left on the night stand
The only way to clear his head
Is via his trusty pen
With papers filled with marks from when it just won’t write
And scrawls from when those words didn’t fit quite right

I pity the musician
And his book of pain
Page after page
Of pretty girls
Who entered his life
And then went away
And for every man the story’s the same
Just another book of pain

Every man needs his muse
And to pray at night that
It won’t be abused
But then she leaves
Becoming just another song it hurts to sing
And the lyrics change
To why did you leave me

I pity the musician
And his book of blame
Page after page
Of pretty girls
Who entered his life
And then went away
And for every man the story’s the same
Just another book of blame

And with every note he writes
He knows he’s been here before
This road he’s seen, this path he’s trod
With hopes the next one stays
He prays she isn’t the same

I pity the musician
And his book of shame
Page after page
Of pretty girls
Who entered his life
And then went away
And for every man the story’s the same
Just another book of shame

No comments:

Post a Comment